Tuesday, August 27, 2013

JUNKIN JEWELS ARE COMING TO THE INSPIRATION CAFE!


Once again, we have some exciting news here at the Cafe!  We have an awesome round up of great bloggers who specialize in creating some pretty amazing stuff from junk...be it vintage or other.  I don't know about you, but I am always in awe of these transformations and I was thrilled when these ladies agreed to come together and share their talents on the second Tuesday of every month right here at the Inspiration Cafe! 
A special thanks to Donna at Distressed Donna Down Home for bringing all of these ladies together and convincing them to share their great projects with us.
So just who are these Gems in the Junkin Jewels??  Well..lets start with Donna.


In her own words.... "As a lifetime junk collector, I am always on the hunt for the rusty, crusty, and vintage treasures that lurk about in dark corners begging to be transformed.  I am a Rust Goddess - Southern style!"
Donna at Distressed Donna Down Home
Here is one of Donna's favorite posts...
Signs of Vintage Photos
I have been on the lookout for some of those sign frames ever since I first saw that wonderful post!

The next Gem is Denise, from Spittin Toad.  I love that blog name by the way...Spittin Toad!
 Denise says: "I love art, junk and all things vintage...When I can put them all together and create something new...Well, that just makes my heart sing!!"

Denise from Spittin Toad
 Denise has a ton of fabulous projects, but here is her favorite.

Suitcase Side Table
I love this project and the idea of hidden storage in such a beautiful piece!

Many of you may be familiar with our next Gem in the Junkin Jewels...It's Tuula from The Thrifty Rebel!
Tuula is so cute and funny!  Here's her short bio..
"I've been a thrifter since I was born. I inherited the gene from my parents through no fault of my own. At the age of four I cried my way into getting my first thrift store treasure... a beautiful blonde haired doll that I still have, and I was hooked for life. I've been reusing, repurposing, and upcycling ever since, and I don't cry for my treasures anymore. At 52 it's not such a good look, and crying makes frowny wrinkles."
 
Tulla has made some fabulous garden art out of her thrifting finds, so I wasn't surprised when she chose this as her favorite project.
Silver Goblet Windchimes

Believe it or not...we have another gem in the Junkin Jewels named Denise!
Denise says,"
 I'm a mom of two sweet and funny kids, a graphic designer and most definitely a junk-junkie! I love to create pretty things out of just about whatever I can find! With tons of help from my special man, Eric, I create home decor and refinish old furniture for our little business that we call On a Whim.
Meet the fabulous Denise....
Denise from Denise...On A Whim
 And the favorite project of this very creative junkin mom of two??
Message Center from Repurposed Crate Lid
How fun and clever is that?!  That little message center has a little bit of everything and I love it! 

There may be a few more of these marvelous ladies joining in a little later.  But for now, please pay these ladies a visit and welcome them to the Inspiration Cafe.  We'll start our series Tuesday, Sept. 10th and Donna from Distressed Donna Down Home will be leading off!    

17 comments:

  1. This is a great group of bloggers. ;) I'm excited to see what they share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited, can't wait to see our new ladies in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great lineup! This will be fun to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to be a part of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new addition of these ladies ;)
    I can get into junk lol even if I haven't room for another thing.
    It's fun to see what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Danni, for this wonderful introduction. Did you notice I was carrying my "Radiant" rusty stove grate? So appropriate as I am radiant with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna you sure do look cute with anticipation in this photo!

      Delete
  7. This is going to be fabulous - what a great round up of contributors you have here!!!
    Tuula absolutely rocks the bling garden art thing - wait till you see what she sent me -
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for these ladies!!!! In fact, might just do Danni and Mel's favorite thing...EEEEEEE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited to see these inspiring ladies. I'm so glad you have this Tuesday meeting place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just thrilled to be a part of this series! Can't wait to see my fellow junkers come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see what these creative ladies come up with. I know Donna and Tuula can do fabulous things with their finds. Looking forward to getting to know the other ladies with their wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an exciting line-up of talented ladies. So glad to hear they're bring their junk over to the cafe, can't wait til it starts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete